I learned a few things over the past few days.
- All men are bastards. It is true. Except me of course.
- Friends are often the least interested in what you have to say. Perhaps it is because they already know what you are going to say. More likely they just get bored listening to you.
- You learn more about people by asking for something from them. Ask them the impossible. If they ignore the request or walk away, perhaps they aren’t such good friends. If they stay and talk; if they try to attain the impossible or at least try to talk their way out of it, at least you know they have thought about what you said.
- You might think you know someone inside out, but they will always have the capacity to surprise.
- There are always rewards out there if you try hard enough. They might not be huge financial rewards, but your achievements will be recognised.